Re: open source OCR; anyone want it?

From: Bill Thorson (thorson@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 07:10:10 PST

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Eric Anderholm wrote:

    > Greetings:
    >
    > I have a functional machine print ocr engine I have built and am
    > wondering if it would be worth while to open source it and release it to

    If I remember correctly, a couple of years ago or so the GNU people put out a
    request for someone to begin an OCR project. If no one ever did you may want
    to talk to them and if someone did there may be a good opportunity for
    collaboration. Either way I think this is a great project and highly needed
    in the open software ranks.

    Bill