Re: recommendations, what scanner to buy

Nathan Kennedy (nathan@mail.puget.net)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:20:32 -0800

I recently purchased a UMAX Astra 1200C from PC Connection for $99.00 +
shipping. After updating the sane-umax backend everything worked fine. In
fact this one scans faster than the parallel port scanner I was using before
under winblows. This scanner has many features that make it a great scanner,
and I think that PC Connection still has more. Check them out at
www.pcconnection.com.

Nathan %-)
no I'm not a spokesman for PC Connection, I just had a really good experience
with buying some items from them.