Re: Mustek ScanExpress 6000SP

Ricardo Ferreira (storm@atdot.org)
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:16:27 +0100

abel deuring wrote:
> Ricardo,
>
> I have sent the patch again to mailing list. I hope that it is more
> useful than the old one.

Yes, it applied without problems. Thanks. However, it didnt solve the
problem. Even with high buffer sizes the scanner continues to do exactly
the same (speedwise and in behaviour). The problem therefor must be
either in the backend or the scsi card/driver.

In order to try and see if i could discover what was wrong i set
SANE_DEVEL_MUSTEK=255 and received this strange messages:
[mustek] reader_process: 352176 bytes read.
[mustek] mustek.output_data: data=0x40914008, lpb=92, bpl=3828,
extra=0x40b14008
[mustek] start color: 0
[mustek] read lines: 276
[mustek] saved lines: 4/0/2
[mustek] available: 50/46/48
[mustek] triples: 46
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
[mustek] read 4096 bytes
[mustek] read -1 bytes
mustek] read -1 bytesi[mustek] read 4096 bytesa[mustek] read -1
bytes!ir brw

... that leads me to believe that the driver is only requesting 4096
bytes each time. Each of those "read 4096 bytes" corresponds with the
carriage stop.

Any ideas ?