Re: ppSCSI and Microtek Phantom 330 CX

Michele Bini (mibin@tin.it)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:40:34 +0200

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 06:59:22PM +0200, Bernd Schroeder wrote:
> It is possible that it doesn't work. According to Michele Bini the
> Phantom 330cx doesn't understand one of the SCSI commands. This command
> is not executed for the Phantom 330cx during a normal scan. But it is
> still used in the calibration process. If you experience problems
> you must remove the call to scsi_wait_for_image() in the do-calibration()
> function.

I have tried this, but the scan does not start (scanner led blinks)
and the module gives errors and may eventually OOPS (i'm not
using the latest ppscsi version).

This seems to happen regardless if i enable or disable scsi_wait_for_image()
in that function.

I'll look more into this tomorrow.

Bernd, Camille, thank you for your efforts !

--
-Michele