Re: sane and freebsd 3.2

Rick Knebel (rknebel@uplink.net)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 15:41:21 -0400

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 09:34:48PM +0200, regis rampnoux wrote:

> On 25-Sep-99 Rick Knebel wrote:
>
> > i have posted before about my scanner being recognized on bootup as pass4
> > but not having a /dev/pass4 in the dev directory.
> > It will not make a pass4 even if I try to make it.
>
> You have tried to make it by thie following command as root?:
>
> cd /dev
> sh MAKEDEV pass5

Yes, I sort of figured that out on my own after thinking about it for
awhile.
But, thanks for replying.

My problem now is that even though I put /dev/pass4 in my umax config file,
whenever I start xscaniage I get this message in my dmesg,

xptioctl: pass driver is not in the kernel
xptioctl: put "device pass0" in your kernel config file

I obviously have device pass0 in my kernal so i do not now what to make out
of this.

Thanks
Rick

> (pass5 because you want 5 entries pass0 to pass4)
>

> ---
> <regisr> regisr@regix.com http://www.regix.com/

Rick Knebel
rknebel@uplink.net