Re: Segmentation Fault

Steve Springett (sspringett@cwe2.com)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:23:22 -0500

Thanks for the reply. Here is everything the command give me.

xscanimage: error in loading shared libraries: libglib.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked, and this file is located at /usr/X11R6/lib/gnulibc1/libglib.so.1

Seems it's a symlink to libglib.so.1.0.5

Any ideas why I'm getting this message and how to get (x)scanimage to work properly.

Again, I see my scanner using find-scanner.

Thanks in advance.

-- Steve Springett

<<< Peter Kirchgessner <peter@kirchgessner.net> 6/22 4:31p >>>
Hi,

from bash try

export SANE_DEBUG_HP=128
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=128

and run

xscanimage hp > out.txt 2>&1

Send the file out.txt back, maybe gzipped if it is too large.

--Peter

Steve Springett wrote:

> I have just downloaded and compiled the source for sane 1.01 on Caldera OpenLinux 2.2. If I try to run ./find-scanner , it returns three devices like it should. Here are the results:
> "HP C2520A 3503" at /dev/scanner
> "HP C2520A 3503" at /dev/sg2
> "HP C2520A 3503" at /dec/sgc
>
> The problem is that whenever I try to run scanimage, I get a segmentation fault. Even trying to use the --list-devices, I get this error.
>
> I've got an Adaptec 2940 conntect to a HP 4C scanner. I know this setup works because I had WinNT on this same machine a couple of days ago before I had enough BSOD's and formatted my drive and installed Linux.
>
> I'm not sure what other types of information you need, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -- Steve Springett

Peter Kirchgessner
WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net
e-mail: peter@kirchgessner.net