Re: Re DTC 3181 etc

Niko Mikkila (ntmikki@sci.fi)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:22:33 +0000

Ok... the scanner works well with a good SCSI card but if you want to
use DTC 3181, it might not be so easy... At least scanning is awfully
slow.

Some tips can be found from:
http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-umax-doc.html

If it still doesn't work, here's my configuration...

DTC3181E card:
in PNP mode (Normally in PNR, remove the jumper)

Kernel (2.2.10):
SCSI _and_ SCSI generic support on
+ Scsi low-level drivers -> <M> generic NCR5380/53c400 SCSI support
(don't need NCR53c400 extensions, but remember to use (Port) as mapping
method)

/etc/conf.modules:
add line: 'options g_NCR5380 ncr_addr=0x300 ncr_irq=3 dtc_3181e=1'
(ncr_irq can also be 254, which means no irq)

/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/g_NCR5380.c:
Removed USLEEP settings at lines 83 to 86 (This gives some speedup but
might not work allways)

...and then simply run 'modprobe g_NCR5380'

Hope this helps!

Niko