Re: Request for more info on Obscure Scanner

Warren (wearly@bigfoot.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:03:11 -0700

That is a very old scanner you have there. It used a proprietary SCSI
interface for the PC called the MS-PCY card. It connected using what
Microtek called a PCX cable. It was a DB-25 serial cable with all pins
active. Microtek doesn't sell those parts anymore.

Unfortunately the scanner was designed before SCSI was standardized on the
PC so therefore the firmware doesn't understand ASPI standard cards.

Your options are limited to 1) purchasing a new SCSI scanner, 2) rummaging
for the MS-PCY card and PCX cable and using it in Windows with the Microtek
drivers or writing your own back-end for it, or 3) connect it to a Mac.