Re: Artec AT6 yet again

Wolfgang Goeller (wgoeller@active.ch)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:22:44 +0200

"Brian B." wrote:

> dmesg gives [stuff deleted]

> Does that look correct?

It does. So your scanner is on /dev/sga. You could link
this to /dev/scanner (( ln -s /dev/sga /dev/scanner ))

Please make sure, that you have set permissions for /dev/sga.

> Im thinking that maybe its either a
> problem with my card/config/or kernel version which is 2.3.5.

I don't know what's going on with kernel 2.3.5 but I would suggest:
Don't use bleeding edge testing kernels for testing wether your
scanner works. Use better 2.2.10.

Make sure, that you have no other instance of sane installed.
(This version might not be overwritten by the new version, that'
especially dangerous with the SuSE distribution)
Now comment out in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf all scanners
except artec.

Use the little programm "find-scanner" that comes with sane.
It should find your scanner.

Then you might want to do another test:

scanimage -h -d artec:/dev/sga

it should report possible commands you can give to your
scanner.
If it works:
Try xscanimage.

If it works: OK - if not: Please report on what step it failed
and what error-messages you got.

Regards
Wolfgang