Re: Trust Scanner support

Phil Parsons (phil@fluffyweb.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:41:23 +0000

On Mon, 08 Mar 1999, Roderick Klein wrote:
> As far as I know
>Trust uses scanners from Teco information products.
My Trust 2400SP apparently is a Aashima rebadged, I believe there is also one
of the range that is a rebadged mustek, they seem to be a mixed bag of makes
dependant on model.

>Want you could also try is WINE. I can't remeber how but somebody got
>his scanner going via WINE.

Wines a bit off topic for here, but here goes anyway.
Ive been trying this most of today, I have a adaptec 78xx series scsi card and
it was detecting the scanner and assigning it as a scsi generic device.
I added a entry into the wine.conf as per the aspi readme in the doccumentation
contained in the wine sourcecode, and downloaded and installed under windows
the win 3.11 drivers (the 95 ones wouldnt show in the twain listing under
wine). Got a copy of PSP3 (vintage applications :P ). The scanner was present
in the twain listings, and I could use the trust scantest to test the scanner
from wine etc, the twain driver appeared, and all seemed well, but when I tried
to aquire a image, the twain program gpf'd and wine debug mentioned that it had
problems accesing the scsi device...... Back to square one, and praying someone
writes a sane backend soon, until then its rebooting the other box into windows
just to scan stuff in.
If anyone has got any further with this , Id love to know what to do hereon in.

--
phil@fluffyweb.com