SCSI Epson GT6500

Adrian Smith (adrian@snaffles.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:01:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I just posted the following to comp.os.linux.hardware, before it occurred to
me that I'd get better info on Sane development from you.

>From snaffles.demon.co.uk!not-for-mail Mon Mar 8 22:45:49 1999
From: adrian@snaffles.REMOVE_THIS_WORD.demon.co.uk (Adrian Smith)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.hardware
Subject: Epson GT6000 scanners
Date: 8 Mar 1999 19:39:39 -0000

Hello,
I'm hoping that someone here can give me some help with my scanner.

I saw the GT6000 mentioned in the hardware howto, and bought myself a
nice cheap second hand scsi Epson GT6500 scanner which is software
compatible with the GT6000, GT8000, GT4000 and GT1000.

The supporting software mentioned in the hardware howto is:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/graphics/capture/ppic05.tar.gz
but I'm having to go through it trying to sort out parse errors etc.
I guess gcc and some of the system include files have changed quite a bit
between 1995 and whenever the 2.0.34 kernel came out.
I'm confident that I will be able to get it to compile and work ok, but
it'd be nice if someone had already done the work for me.

I also tried Sane which I didn't expect to work with this scanner, and it
didn't (I got a segmentation fault from "scanimage -d epson:/dev/sgc ...")
but I'd be interested if someone was working on a version that would.

Adrian Smith
http://www.snaffles.demon.co.uk