Re: Blackwidow 4800SP is really...

Chris Pinkham (cpinkham@infi.net)
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 22:59:49 -0500 (EST)

> I'm not sure how I completely missed the AT3. It wasn't deliberate !

:-) No problem, glad yours turned out to be that as it should work with
the backend better than the AT6 since I have an AT3 myself. :-)

> As for the Inquiry information, it is as in the earlier message on the
> mailing list. To quote from Bernd's mail (and my data)...
> ===
> [inquiryresult]
> 0: 060002015b000000
> 8: 2020202020202020
> 16: 466c617462656420
> 24: 5363616e6e657220
> 32: 312e393000000000
> 40: 0000000000000000
> 48: 0000000000000000
>
> The vendor string consists of 8 spaces, and the model string is simply
> "Flatbed Scanner ".

(bytes 32-35). That is the same revision level as my AT3, so it looks
like they might be the same exact thing. I also looked at BlackWidow's
webpage and the scanner looks like my AT3 with the image reversed left
to right. On mine the label is on the right and in the pic it's on the
left front. Which side is yours on?

> Rather tacky rebadging if you ask me.

Ditto.

> And of course there's nothing more in /proc/scsi/scsi.

I was just curious about the inquiry info, but the block you send told
me what I wanted.

> It would still be nice to get data from Artec on what the capabilities
> really are. It is supposed to be 400dpi (though a scan of some sharp
> edges says differently). It does seem to have the unuseable quarter
> inch strip just like the manual page says.

The AT3 is 300x600 dpi optical resolution and I have it working at up to
300x300. I can't seem to get the Y resolution working separately from the
X resolution. It seems to just resize the image in the Y direction instead
of changing resolution. I know it works on the AT12 models, but I need to
figure out why it doesn't work with the backend and the AT3 models. :-)

I'm going to take a look at adding that option I talked about tomorrow night.
Got home too late tonight. :-)

Chris