Re: request for comments on hardware

rodgerd@ihug.co.nz
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:45:47 +1300

On Sun, Feb 01, 1998 at 07:27:35PM -0500, tim drummer wrote:

> my overall impression is that the Astra 1200S and Microtek E6 are about
> the same scanner at about the same price (around $200 mail order).
> however, the HP 5P is siginificantlky higher (about $299 mail order). is
> there any reason to spend the extra money for the HP?

I've been highly impressed by the 5P - while the specs are no notably better
than any other scanner in its range, thew visual quality of the scans is
very impressive - I've used SANE and the 5P to aquire images of oil
paintings for mt partner's web pages, and even at low resoultions, you get
an impression of the textures of the painting.

--
Rodger Donaldson		rodgerd@ihug.co.nz
The Pinguin Patrol