Re: Advansys SCSI Linux: suspect code

Michiel Toneman (toneman@phil.ruu.nl)
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:48:59 +0100

John P. Beale wrote:

....cut

> It looks
> very much like the Advansys SCSI driver for Linux is bad. This is
> unfortunate since Advansys actually lists "Linux" as a supported OS on
> their retail boxes. Hmph! Back to the store, I guess.
>
> -john
> beale@best.com

This would hurt Linux, a quest which I doubt is compatible with your and our
goals.
If you care about Linux, please consider getting in touch with the developers
of the
Advansys driver for Linux. Maybe the problem is already solved in a
development
kernel, and I'm sure he/she/they would be glad to help you solve the problem
if it
isn't, thereby helping all other Advansys owners and a Advansys itself, which
seems to be sympathetic to the Linux cause.

Greetings,

Michiel Toneman

--
The idea that an arbitrary naive human should be able to properly use
a given tool without training or understanding is even more wrong for