Re: umax-backend

Peter Daum (gator@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 22:42:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE wrote:

> Hello UMAX Astra-1200 S owners!
>
> Sane-0.66 is available now and it supports 30-bit gamma-correction
> and a 30-bit scan-mode.
>
> Pleas would someone try the gamma-coorection and the option
> 10-bit-mode and tell me if it works.

Hi,

at least at first sight, the gamma-correction seems to work.
Clicking on the "10-bit" button causes an immediate crash...

Furthermore, I still keep getting segfaults right when the
program starts (see the message I sent on 9 Oct 1997
(Pine.LNX.3.96.971009143034.8415A-100000@swamp.bayern.net). Am I
the only one having these problems?

The crash itself always occurs in gtk_real_widget_queue_draw
(gtkwidget.c: line 2813); immediate cause is an element with an
invalid data pointer int gtkmain's "idle_functions" list.
Although the error is pretty deterministic and reproducible, I am
not able to find out, where exactly that corrupt address gets in
there ...

Peter