Re: sane-0.62 released

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 13:57:46 +0200 (MET DST)

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> I'd appreciate if people could give it a shot and let me know if
> there is anything that's confusing with respect to building and
> installing SANE.

I'll figure it out by myself in the following few hours, but I would
have appreciated something in the doc about making a static
"scanimage-mustek" (Actually I need scanimage-tamarack :-). It might
be nice to simply build that binary (as an example for people
developing a backend like me), but not install it, as the dll-version
is actually more useful.

As far as I understand the framework, this would be easy to make.

Regards,

Roger.

P.S. - Good work! The new strip-height option nicely documented.

> This means that no other SCSI device on the same bus can be accessed
> while a scan is in progress. With
^^^^ ????

> Transparency adapter and automatic document feeder support is
> severly lacking (due to absence of equipment to test this with).

I saw lots of references to the transparency bits in the backend. Is
the documentation outdated, or has that simply not been tested....

I have a transparency adapter. It is pretty simple: the bit in the doc
labelled "transparency adapter" turns the external light-source on,
and the internal one off. Simple.

I'm simply making a boolean SANE_OPTION that toggles this bit.