Re: A little feedback from Irix developers

Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:31:46 -0400

Antonio Scotti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am deciding whether to use the SANE scanner API on Irix 6.3 (the
> alternative is Impressario but it only works on SGI) and I'd appreciate
> receiving some feedback from other Irix developers who have done the
> same (even for verions < 6.3 ) for problems they may have found during
> installation and use.

Currently the biggest problem is the lack of SCSI scanner support for
all the scanner drivers. I am working on this now (patch to sanei) so
that won't be such a big deal. There are also some functions that the
scanner drivers use (usleep, for example) that are highly system
specific and need to be defined or ifdef'd to the appropriate SGI (or
other UNIX) calls...