Re: Mustek MFS-12000SP and sane0.61

Mathias Weigt (p5iba@medchem2.pharmazie.uni-halle.de)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:02:37 +0200

Servus !

Jens Ritter wrote:

> gtkglue.o: In function `curve_new':
> /usr/src/sane-0.61/frontend/gtkglue.c:701: undefined reference to ...

> Seems as if a library is missing or and old one is in my path. But
> which?

Just to save a little a Davids time :-). You trapped into a FAQ :You
should install
ftp://ftp.azstarnet.com/pub/linux/axp/sane/gtk+960606-davidm.tar.gz.
(Yes it is the newer one)

> My Scanner is a Mustek MFS-12000SP. This is what the driver reports:
>
> unsolved [/root] # modprobe g_NCR5380 ncr_irq=255 ncr_addr=0x300
> ncr_5380=1
> scsi0 : interrupts not enabled. for better interactive performance,
> scsi0 : please jumper the board for a free IRQ.
> scsi0 : at port 0x300 interrupts disabled options CAN_QUEUE=16
> CMD_PER_LUN=2 release=1 generic options AUTOPROBE_IRQ AUTOSENSE PSEUDO
> DMA
> generic release=7
> scsi0 : Generic NCR5380/53C400 Driver
> scsi : 1 host.
> Vendor: SCANNER Model: Rev: 1.02
> Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 01
> CCS
>
> The scsi card is the one shipped with the scanner btw, which only
> works if
> I booted dos before and used the scanner under windows (damn plug and
> pray).

This is really not the best scsi card to drive a scanner under Linux. If
you want to get fasterscans you may buy an alternative adapter, but it
should work (I had the same one).

Unfortunately I canīt say much to your scanning problem. Maybe you are
right and you have
problems with the line-distance-bug workaround (because the model isn`t
reported correctly).

Another thing btw:

I downloaded gimp-0.99.10 and installed it . To compile it properly I
had to include <errno.h> in /plug-ins/CML_explorer.c. Now xscanimage
compiles without errors too :-)