Re: Mustek MFS-12000SP and sane0.61

Jens Ritter (jens@unsolved.weh.rwth-aachen.de)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:41:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hallo Mathias,

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Mathias Weigt wrote:
> I wrote:
> > gtkglue.o: In function `curve_new':
> > /usr/src/sane-0.61/frontend/gtkglue.c:701: undefined reference to ...
>
> > Seems as if a library is missing or and old one is in my path. But
> > which?
>
> Just to save a little a Davids time :-). You trapped into a FAQ :You
> should install
> ftp://ftp.azstarnet.com/pub/linux/axp/sane/gtk+960606-davidm.tar.gz.
> (Yes it is the newer one)

No! I did not! I installed gtk+9606* before trying to compile 0.61.
I thought I mentioned it. But I fear that a file from the other
library masks one of the newer ones.

[...]
> > The scsi card is the one shipped with the scanner btw, which only
> > works if
> > I booted dos before and used the scanner under windows (damn plug and
> > pray).
>
> This is really not the best scsi card to drive a scanner under Linux. If
> you want to get fasterscans you may buy an alternative adapter, but it
> should work (I had the same one).

That's right.

[Mathias suggested downloading gimp-0.99.10 and compiling that]
I will try this.

Thanks,

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@post.rwth-aachen.de
finger jens@unsolved.weh.rwth-aachen.de for pgp-key
(during normal european business time hours)