Re: MFS-6000CX (id MSF-06000CZ) and Future Domain

Andy Thaller (Andy.Thaller@Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE)
Sat, 3 May 1997 18:24:04 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, David Mosberger wrote:

> Does the Linux kernel recognize your scanner during boot up? It should
> print a message saying something like MSF-06000CZ. If it does, do you
> have generic SCSI support enabled in your kernel (it's usually off by
> default). If you do, does /dev/scanner point to the correct generic
> SCSI device?

Everything is working just fine now. As I've mentioned before, the
mustek-driver complained about INQUIRY being not supported. After fiddling
around with the scsi-adapters, kernel modules and all that stuff without
significant successes, I've took a look at the sane sources. From there
I've figured out that SANE_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED is returned by
sanei_scsi_cmd() if - and only if - neither of the scsi-include-files
(scsi.h scsi/sg.h sys/scsi.h sys/scsiio.h) were found. adding the
appropriate links in /usr/include fixed the problem. I've already
scanned some images and I'm really fascinated :-)

I'd suggest to make configure print out a really _huge_ warning in case it
can't find any of the scsi-include-files or at least visibly disable
mustek (and any other scsi-devices) support. It was quite a pain till I've
realized the problem's nature.. ;-)

Thanks for listening to me anyway,
regards,
Andy.