Re: sane-find-scanner does, scanimage doesn't find scanner

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 11:14:33 PDT

    On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 09:06:18AM -0700, David M. Anderson wrote:
    > Thanks, Petter. Typing:
    > SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128 scanimage -L
    > Produced this message:
    > [dll] load: couldn't find /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-umax.so.1 (No such
    > file or directory)
    > And, sure enough, my /usr/local/lib/sane has no *.so.* files, only files such
    > as libsane-umax.a and libsane-umax.la. I just redid "make clean" and "make"
    > and there doesn't seem to be any attempt to build libsane-umax.so.*. The only
    > thing I did in ./configure was set the prefix to /usr/local. Any ideas?

    This means that for some reason only static libraries were built. To
    redo the whole thing, type "make distclean; configure;" and look at
    config.log if there is any reason for the omission of shared libraries.

    Are you sure that you don't have two installations of SANE on your
    system? Have a look at scanimage, if its statically linked (size > 2 MB).

    Bye,
      Henning