help?

From: Murray Irvine (981183716@stu.und.ac.za)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 00:39:10 PDT

    To whom it may concern,

    I am a 4th year electronic engineer in south africa and I am currently working on a project whereby I have to interface a canon powershot g1 digital camera to a compaq Ipaq h3630 handheld for video conferencing, as well as other, purposes. I have to do this using either a USB or serial rs-232 cable. (The lecturers prefer USB, but anything will do for now) I need to find someway to download the pictures from the camera to the Ipaq.

    My dilema is that although there are quite a few pieces of software for a desktop that will download the pics and streaming video I need, there is nothing for an Ipaq.

    What I have though of doing was to find some way of capturing the "image transfer protocols" from the camera and write my own software for the Ipaq. I also thought to try to find the TWAIN standards because the camera is twain compliant, so if I can get a TWAIN environment in C++ I should be able to transfer the code to embedded C++. I also need a twain driver for Windows CE which runs on the Ipaq.

    Would you know of ANYTHING that could help me in this project? Be it source codes, software, schematics whatever? I am running on a very tight schedule here and haven't gotten very far!!

    Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time
    Murray Irvine