Re: Nikon Coolscan SCSI commands

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 14:15:30 PDT

    On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:25:33AM +0100, Major A wrote:
    > > This is just one feature that makes or breaks a scanning application
    > > for slides/negatives.
    >
    > Are there any others?

    Features or scanning applications? As far as features go, batch
    scanning is important, multi-pass scanning, support for the IR
    channel and Digital ICE (if the scanner supports it), and
    probably a ton more.

    What I like about vuescan is that you can scan once and then
    try different settings without having to re-scan: Vuescan
    keeps a copy of the raw image data and allows to do a "scan
    from memory".

    I am shopping for a film scanner, and vuescan support is very
    high on the list of things that I'm looking for.

    If you are looking for other scanning applications that are
    used by professionals, take a look at SliverFast (http://www.silverfast.de) -
    this is however a Windows application.

    Karl Heinz

    --