Guillemot MaxiScanA4

From: Jean-Marie Fenaille (fenaille@fr.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 01:40:16 PDT

    I'm trying to get a Guillemot Maxiscan A4 working wit sane on Mandrake 8.
    The scanner is recognized as a Color FlatbedScanner9 rev 0117 on tyhe
    device /dev/scanner. It is connected to an ACARD scsi.
    I have also another SCSI INITIO card. Both are correctly configured at
    Linux start up as reported by the logs.
    Scanimage -L find it.
    When I try to scan I get a seg fault and a core dump, the scanner's led
    then stay flashing until I switch it off.
    I've removed all other scanners from sane.dll and let only Snapscan as I
    read that this scanner is a snapscan equivalent.
    Could someone help me ?
      Thanks.

    Jean-Marie Fenaille Tel:77 5417 (33 2 38 57 54 17) - @CSO West.
                        Team OS/2 , one of the last OS/2's knights.