USB hangs - compression?

From: John Coppens (jcoppens@satlink.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 09:35:41 PDT

    Hi...

    I just recompiled sane/xsane for the 2.4.5 kernel I installed, hoping the
    problem would disappear, but no luck.

    When I scan (snapscan 1212U) an image with lots of white (probably
    saturated), the transmission to the PC hangs. Lowering contrast, or
    even turning the original 90 degrees, solves the problem. I suspect the
    image data is compressed when sending though USB. Could there be an
    bug in the protocol? Either in the Snapscan firmware, or at the receiving
    end?

    John