Re: change of IP address for mostang.com

From: David Mosberger-Tang (David.Mosberger@acm.org)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 08:50:13 PDT

    >>>>> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:46:15 -0400, Douglas Gilbert <dgilbert@interlog.com> said:

      Douglas> David, Since this announcement, I no longer receive email
      Douglas> from the SANE mailing list. Do I need to re-register?

    No, that shouldn't be necessary. I suspect that folks were still
    sending mail to sane-devel@mostang.com and since mostang.com didn't
    resolve, the mail would get stuck. I think mail would have gone
    through just fine if it had been sent to sane-devel@24.250.133.228
    instead. I probably should have been more specific about this.

    Anyhow, it looks like Network Solutions *finally* updated their
    records and I'm starting to receive SPAM again, so the updated DNS
    info seems to be slowly propagating throughout the world. ;-)

    The good news is that the new cable modem is both faster and more
    reliable. So perhaps the whole exercise was worth it. I just wish my
    ISP could have told me that the IP address is going to change when I
    asked them about this...

            --david