Re: Hardware details for FB630U

From: Simon Krix (kinsei@dingoblue.net.au)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 18:55:09 PDT

    Hello Simon

    > Findings:
    >
    > (1) LM9830 chip, courtesy of National Semiconductor (note: parallel port
    > chip).
    >
    > (2) GL640 USB-to-parallel convertor. Docs are fairly inpenetrable, though
    > I hoped someone here might have come across this chip before: it's a
    > standard one used in printers, IIRC. Anyway, here's the link:
    >
    > So it looks like we're dealing with a parallel port scanner with a USB
    > interface tacked on. Any suggestions as to where to start...?

    Brilliant, you're a genius. Well, maybe not since you just broke your
    scanner. But, what this means is that you can use the protocol that I have
    already worked out to support 630U (and 330U as well). All you need to do
    is
    figure out how to use that GL640 chip. Hopefully it will be a simple
    encapsulating thing.

    Good luck, let me know if you get stuck and I'll help you as much as I can.

    Simon Krix