Re: Umax Astra 2100USL(?)

From: Ralph Angenendt (ralph@strg-alt-entf.org)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 15:42:04 PDT

    On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 06:04:08PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > Ralph Angenendt wrote:
    >> while searching for "available" Scanners with a SCSI-Interface I came
    >> across the Umax ASTRA 2100USL, which is supposed to have an USB _and_
    >> a SCSI interface.
    >>
    >> Can I assume that it works as the ASTRA 2100S, which is supported?
    >
    > I do not know a UMAX Astra 2100 USL Scanner.
    > I only know the Astra 2200SU / 2200W which has an USB and a
    > SCSI interface.
    >
    > If the Astra 2100 USL has a SCSI interface there is a good
    > chance that it does work or needs a simple change to
    > make it work.

    It seems to be a misunderstanding of the Vendor, the scanner probably
    is the 2100SU, which combines the SCSI interface of the 2100S and the
    USB interface of the 2100U in one device.

    I'll probably test my luck ...

    Ralph

    --
    I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the iso-
    lation, I think I preferred the cows. They were better conversation,