Re: Compiling on OS/2 and BUG

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 04:26:28 PDT

    On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 04:17:16AM +0200, Franz Bakan wrote:
    > If I run scanimage -L or xscanimage/xcam the temporary file created
    > is not deleted after execution
    >
    > [sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_open: device name /dev/scanner is not valid
    >
    > is the last output from sanei_scsi.c (line 865)
    > Therefore i assume that close_aspi() is not executed and unlink()
    > never reached.

    I don't thin that this is the reason because if this error message is
    printed, open_aspi isn't called and the temporary file isn't created.

    Maybe a backend uses sanei_scsi_open but forgets the sanei_scsi_close
    somewhere? However I couldn't locate this in any backend but I didn't
    search very intensive.

    Maybe you can find the problem by adding DBGs to open_aspi and
    close_aspi and locate the place where open_aspi is called but not
    close_aspi.

    Bye,
      Henning