Re: Canon FS2710 works fine

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 01:40:02 PDT

    mifikejs@email.cz said:
    > Last week I bought a FS 2710 slides scanner. After what I read in the
    > mailing list archive I did not expect it to work. And the first
    > results were realy poor. But after I adjusted some settings in xsane
    > (like auto color balance etc.) xsane sees my scanner like CANON
    > IX-27025E what is correct but I can adjust all settings (like color
    > balance, gamma etc.) and the colors are perfect.

    You might want to take a look a VueScan. It costs a little bit but really
    is vastly superior to Sane for the scanning of negatives and slides.
    Many people use it under Windows/MacOS in preference to the drives
    provided by the scanner manufactures.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195