Canon FS2710 works fine

From: Michal Fikejs (mifikejs@email.cz)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 06:44:07 PDT

    Hallo all,

    Last week I bought a FS 2710 slides scanner. After what I read in the mailing
    list archive I did not expect it to work. And the first results were realy
    poor. But after I adjusted some settings in xsane (like auto color balance
    etc.) xsane sees my scanner like CANON IX-27025E what is correct but I can
    adjust all settings (like color balance, gamma etc.) and the colors are
    perfect.

    I read on the canon backend website:

    CanoScan FS2710: scanning works, but any change in the settings affecting the
    colors, like brightness, contrast, gamma, do not work.

    Is it ouf of date or am I just a lucky guy?

    Michal