HP OfficeJet/LaserJet scanning update

From: David Paschal (paschal@rcsis.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 15:36:06 PDT

    Since people have asked about this on sane-devel in the past, I thought it
    would be worthwhile to mention this here. Experimental scanning support
    is now available for the following HP multi-function peripherals:
    HP OfficeJet 500 series
    HP OfficeJet 600 series
    HP Printer/Scanner/Copier 300 series
    HP OfficeJet 700 series
    HP OfficeJet T series
    HP LaserJet 1100A
    HP LaserJet 1220
    HP LaserJet 3200 series

    This support is provided as part of the development (CVS) version of the
    HP OfficeJet Linux driver project at "http://hpoj.sourceforge.net". By
    "experimental", I also mean that it's implemented as a command-line
    application ("ptal-hp") and not as a proper SANE backend, although I plan
    to port it to SANE in the future. For more information, please refer to
    the hpoj website, and to "http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/hpoj/SCAN-HOWTO"
    in particular.

    David Paschal