Re: [BUG] Epson 1640SU, xsane preview problem

From: mh (crapsite@gmx.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 00:46:05 PDT

    Oliver Rauch, Mit, 23 Mai 2001 :
    > Jean-Luc Coulon wrote:
    >
    > > 1 - If I do a preview with the paper size set to "full size", all is
    > > right :
    > > all the pictures dislayed in the preview window are correct in regard of
    > > the position of the document on the bed.

    > > 2 - If now, I switch to an other document size (i.e. DIN A4 port.), the
    > > first preview is ok and the following ones are not : if I move the
    > > document, the displayed picture is always the one of the first preview.
    > > In this case, while the head is moving, the picture appears correctly
    > > and jump to the previous place when the scanner head go back to its rest
    > > position.
    >
    > I suggest you enable debug output:
    > export XSANE_DEBUG=20
    > export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128
    > and try to find out what happens.

    Hi Oliver,
    just to let you know, I can reproduce this with the plustek backend too.
    I was browsing through your code this morning, and I think, that the following
    looks suspect:
    In xsane-preview.c (around line 2175/ version 0.76)
    /* See whether there is a saved preview and load it if present: */
      for(level = 2; level >= 0; level--)
      {
        //Problem:
        //If you did a fullsize scan and afterwards e.g. an A5 scan,
        //p->filename[0] holds a valid filename (== the name of the
        //fullsize preview); therefore the for loop will always count down
        //to 0 and the fullsize preview is reloaded.
        if (p->filename[level])
        {
          in = fopen(p->filename[level], "rb"); /* read binary (b for win32) */
          if (in)
          {
            quality = preview_restore_image_from_file(p, in, quality);
            fclose(in);
          }
        }
      }

    I don't know, whether this is correct, but may be you can take a look at it.

    Michael