Re: PNM device configuration

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 11:39:45 PDT

    On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:13:04AM +0530, shailendra mehta wrote:
    > I used command below as shown in the documentation
    >
    > scanimage --device pnm:0 --help
    >
    > But it shows no such device present.
    > Can anybody tell how to use pseudo PNM driver supplied & how that device can
    > be added to available list ?

    If you use the current CVS tree, pnm is disabled by default. Use
    configure --enable-pnm-backend to enable it before compilation. Also
    remove the comment in dll.conf after installation.

    Also have a look at PROBLEMS and man sane-pnm.

    If you are using SANE 1.0.4 or below, there must be another problem.
    What's the output of

    SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L ?

    Bye,
      Henning