IT'S BROKEN YEA!!!!

From: Paul Nixon (pnixon18@home.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 05:05:25 PDT

    Well, all yesterday and last night my scanner was working. I came in a while
    ago, turned on the system, and read my email. Oliver Rauch asked that I try
    an experiment by changing my /usr/local/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf from
    /dev/usb/scanner0 back to usb /dev/usb/scanner0 to see if this was the cause
    of my original problem.

    Once I completed the change I attempted /use/local/bin/scanimage -L and sure
    enough it did not detect my scanner.

    So I changed it back to /dev/usb/scanner0 and reran scanimage -L. Again, it
    did not detect my scanner.

    So I rebooted and tried again. Still did not detect my scanner.

    So I did a make clean; make; make install in sane-backends-1.04.

    Still no scanner.

    I can talk to the scanner all day long for uploading firmware.

    My forehead is now a bloody pulp.

    Two things I noticed. Last night when I shut down, the system did exactly as
    I expected. Today when I attempted to reboot, it got hung up on usb
    interfaces on the way down.

    I'm at a total loss.

    Paul