Re: Canon N656U/lm983x/NS/Merlin specifications

From: Dec (dec@rm-f.net)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 10:33:23 PDT

    On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 11:09:48PM +0000, Deiters wrote:
    > What kind of scanners are the Canon FB630 and FB662 --- SCSI or USB?
    > I cannot find them on the Canon homepage.

    These are USB models, so the updated canon backend won't work with them.

    Yeah, I know it sucks, after Canon has discontinued
    certain product they think they may well lose the support information for it!

    They're just wondering what happened since their last web update, luckily
    information is pieced around the globe to the different canon divisions
    and fortunately there's google...

    > Perhaps the extended Canon backend is of some use for you. It should
    > be accessible at ftp://stthd0.pc.uni-koeln.de/pub/

    Perhaps, perhaps..

    > Ulrich Deiters

    -dec

    --
    You may see the invisible lines now. They won't byte.