Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Glenn Ramsey (glenn@componic.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 01:51:32 PDT

    Paul Nixon wrote:

    > On Friday 11 May 2001 07:15 pm, you wrote:
    >
    > > That is almost certainly not what you wanted, even if it works. It will
    > > prevent you from using another non-Snapscan scanner or a network scanner.

    > Please explain. I would have thought that since scanimage produces a perfect
    > color scan then that would indicate the problem is with the frontend,
    > specifically xscanimage and xsane. Obviously (right?) there is something
    > different in how they talk to the scanner which baffles me.

    I just had a similar thing happen. scanimage -L was finding the
    scanner but xscanimage and xsane would not find it. I had some
    config files from an old debian package in /etc/sane.d which I
    removed. Then I made a link from /usr/local/etc/sane.d to
    /etc/sane.d and that fixed the problem.

    Also if I do not link /usr/local/etc/sane.d to /etc/sane.d then
    xsane and xscanimage still do not find the scanner. Anyone know
    why this is? Versions are xsane 0.76 and sane 1.04.

    Glenn Ramsey
    glenn@componic.com