snapscan 1212U (not _2), Floating Point Exception

From: Florian Friesdorf (42ff@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 11:03:14 PDT

    I already sent this message 2 hours ago, but it didn't appear on the
    least by now. Perhaps, because of the larger attachment.
    So this time, I put the logfiles on http:

    http://www.eikon.tum.de/~ffr/lsusb1.log 1. mouse, 2. scanner
    http://www.eikon.tum.de/~ffr/lsusb2.log 1. scanner, 2. mouse
    http://www.eikon.tum.de/~ffr/xscanimage.log

    ----

    I have an AGFA Snapscan 1212U. The version that doesn't need a firmware update (AFAIK).

    Using sane-backends-1.0.4.tar.gz sane-frontends-1.0.4.tar.gz snapscan-20010411.tar.gz xsane-0.75.tar.gz linux-2.4.3 (scanner.o, usb-uhci.o/uhci.o)

    I finally managed to see my scanner at least. (see attached logfile)

    Now the problem is, when trying to aquire a preview image, both xscanimage and xsane crash with a floating point exception.

    According to the debug output and gdb, the problem seems to be that p->bytes_per_line is 0 and therefore an exception is raised. (See at the end of attached logfile)

    After this the scanner behaves very strange, from not answering anything to sending strange identification strings (@ d %!, or something like this) and needs to be turned off/on.

    I already tried to switch my usb ports. My logitech mouse is running fine on both. What is also strange: lsusb says "cannot get string descriptor 1, Connection timed out (110)". The message is always somewhere in the output of the first usb device. (see lsusb1.log, lsusb2.log)

    regards florian

    -- Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net> OpenPGP key available on public key servers

    ------> Save the future of Open Source <------ -> Online-Petition against Software Patents <- ------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------