Re: Problems with xsane & usb

From: v.demartino@tin.it
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 00:02:39 PDT

    Hi Henning & other friends,
    I'm using a debian potato 2.2r3 installation with kernel 2.2.19.
    Well, Henning, I tried what you had told me to verify.
    1) Scanimage works without any further specification
    Issuing: SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage
    I got a very long series of strings that don't show any problem at all. The
    epson scanner is immediatedly recognized and everything goes smoothly till
    the end.
    2)SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 xscanimage
    gives the following poor result:
    [sanei_debug] ....level of 255
    xscanimage no scanner were detected.......
    [dll] exiting
    3)SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 xsane
    gives an even poorer message (nil:-( )
    [sanei_debug] ....level of 255
    [dll] exiting
    What is funnier is that after using either xscanimage or xsane, scanimage -L
    is unable to detect any scanner, whilst at the very beginning of the session
    the same command give as a result:
    on /dev/usbscanner0 a Epson scanner perfection 1240U etc...
    Again help please!
    Ciao Vittorio