Re: Problems with xsane & usb

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 13:20:32 PDT

    On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:37:46PM +0200, v.demartino@tin.it wrote:
    > Owing to the fact that the standard Debian potato old-fashioned xsane
    > supports Epson SCSI scanner only

    Just to clarify, xsane is only the frontend, the hardware level
    support is in the SANE backends (libraries).

    > while I have an Epson perfection 1240 usb,
    > I downloaded and compiled xsane-0.75 and the very last front-ends and
    > backends (1.0.4).
    > Thinks are going better, but....Issuing: scanimage -L linux anwers that " on
    > /dev/usbscanner0 here's aEpson sperfection 1240U etc.." and I can scan an
    > image issuing scanimage -d epson:/dev/usbscanner0,

    Does it work with scanimage without the "-d epson:/dev/usbscanner0"?
    Does it work with xscanimage?

    > when I try xsane it
    > always anwers that there's no device available.
    > Could someone out there help me to find a STEP BY STEP solution?
    > I don't know, for instance, how to say xsane what my device is,

    If everything works, this should be done automatically. However, you
    may specify the device with xsane: xsane epson:/dev/usbscanner0 (see
    man page for details).

    You may get more details about the source of the problem with
    SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 xsane

    If you can't find out what's up here, please send the relevant output
    of the command above.

    Bye,
      Henning