Re: Newbie question: High-speed scanners?

From: Tom Martone (tom@martoneconsulting.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 19:02:39 PDT

    Ajay Shekhawat wrote:

    > I'm wondering if anyone on this list has experience with a high-speed
    > scanner which can do, say, 60ppm duplex in 256DPI greyscale.
    > I need to interface to such a scanner for a project, and if possible I'd
    > like to use Linux even if it involves me having to write a SANE backend
    > for it (in the process, I'd give something back to the Linux community..) :-)

    Greetings,

    The Bell+Howell driver supports the Copiscan II model 6338 which
    is rated at 42-50ppm at 200/240/300dpi. There's preliminary support
    for the 8000 series which have higher ratings (model 8080 65-80ppm,
    thru model 8125 100-125ppm at 200-400dpi). These are bilevel only,
    as far as I know. The 6338 is a duplex scanner and the 8000's are
    available as simplex or duplex.

    The installation that I'm working with has a 6338 and a 2137 and we
    have scanned over a million pages since November 1999. We should have
    a party :)

    The bh driver is in CVS and will be part of the next SANE release.

    Tom Martone