Re: [dev] New and updated backends

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 02:48:40 PDT

    On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:16:43AM +0100, Steven Ellis wrote:
    > On the subject of new backends I have been extending
    > the viceo driver to support other scanners. Take a
    > look at
    > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/stevenel/scanner/
    >
    > This is a combination of the work KW Lee did on the
    > original otlinux driver at
    > http://www.littlecms.com/iphoto/otlinux.htm

    Ok, I will add a link to your backend in PROJECTS and TODO.
    Could you please make an e3.desc (or whatever you want to name your
    backend) file, so we can include this file into sane. This means, that
    a list of the scanners supported by your backend will be on the
    sane-backends.html web page when sane 1.0.5 is released. You can take
    template.desc. and the other desc files as an example.

    Do you want to include your backend into the sane package?

    Bye,
      Henning