Re: [dev] New and updated backends

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 10:07:39 PDT

    On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 03:48:56PM +0200, Sebastien Sable wrote:
    > OK, I put them static and renamed to snapscani_usb*. Is there some
    > plan to create common usb functions in sane core just like it has been
    > done for scsi? That would make sense in my opinion and would avoid
    > those kinds of tricks; anyway, that should work for now.

    For the backend for lm983x based scanners I just used the Linux
    scanner module so it's a simple read/write to a file descriptor. I
    don't know if that's enough for an own sanei_ file. However, if
    something like lib-usb is used, this might be interesting. I don't
    know lib-usb so I can't really comment on this.

    Bye,
      Henning