Re: INQUIRY: leave one blank at the end...

From: Oliver Rauch (
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 12:54:29 PST

    Frederik Ramm wrote:
    > Hi,
    > is there a rational explanation why some backends make a point of
    > trimming the vendor and product names returned by the SCSI INQUIRY
    > command but leaving (exactly) one space at the end?
    > Grepping for "leave one blank", I found this in the coolscan, m3096
    > and sp15c drivers (the latter two being derived from the former), as
    > well as in the umax drivers.
    > Is it just cosmetics or is there some magic I'm not seeing?

    Hi Frederic,

    I test for a blank in the umax backend to make sure to find the
    correct scanner. Example:

    PowerLook II
    PowerLook III

    A PowerLook III will be identified as a PowerLook II
    when I do not test for an additional blank

    -- Source code, list archive, and docs: To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail