Avilability of strstr

From: Frederik Ramm (frederik@remote.org)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 12:06:41 PST

       I'm not well-experienced in cross-platform C programming so forgive
    me for asking a bit outside SANE's scope:

    I want to use strstr in my backend.

    I have noticed that the SANE "configure" script checks for existence
    of "strstr" on my platform and sets HAVE_STRSTR accordingly.

    Do I have to do the following...

    #ifndef HAVE_STRSTR
    char *strstr(const char *haystack, const char *needle) {
       /* ... my own implementation ... */

    or is that done for me in some magical way I haven't discovered? I
    don't have a platform without strstr support otherwise I'd just try.

    Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik@remote.org  ##  N5748.10' W00540.32'