I want to compile a list of scanners supported by the viceo driver

From: Steven Ellis (pinguellis@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 12:56:49 PST

    For those who don't know the 'viceo' sane driver
    supports a whole series of scanners from Genius,
    Visoneer, Primax and other manufacturers. It is a
    combination of the One Touch 8600 driver (E4 chipset)
    plus the Support for Genius and other scanners (E3
    chipset) that I am working on.

    A lot of these scanners are based on the WM-8143-12C
    chips and similar compatible chips. There is a
    relatively simple way to detect if your scanner should
    be supported by this driver if you have the windows
    software installed. Have a search for the files
    "E1.ini" and "Lut.plg" in your Windows directories.
    These indicate you have the windows driver on which
    the sane driver code is based.

    If you have these files please let me know so I can
    compile a list of compatible scanners. It looks like
    an awful lot of OEM scanner will be supported by this.

    I also need help developing the Parallel support for
    this driver. I only have a USB scanner and it currenly
    works if a little flakey. The driver has been designed
    to support Parallel but needs a little work to get
    going plus some people to test it.

    Anyhow take a look at
    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/stevenel/scanner for
    more details.

    Steve

    =====

    --
    If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

    pinguellis@yahoo.co.uk