Sane over Network with xinetd

From: Ferry Dave Jäckel (dave@eddy.uni-duisburg.de)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 07:40:15 PST

    Hi all!

    I'v compiled sane 1.0.4 and xsane 0.71 from scratch. It works fine locally,
    but via network and win32xsane only *if* saned is started from commandline
    (saned -d).

    If I use xinetd to start saned, I get:
    ---snip
     Feb 8 14:32:13 xxx saned[27256]: access by user@(null) rejected
     Feb 8 14:32:13 xxx saned[27256]: exiting

    I found another thread with same problem, but no solution to it. It is
    somehow related to xinetd imho ('cause it does function stand-alone).

    Access-restriction is done via IP with xinetd, saned-conf just contains a
    single "+" and saned.users doesn't exist.

    Xinetd is complied with ipv6 support enabled (recompile without support?).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated (I wouldn't like to switch to inetd).

    Dave Jäckel