Re: mailing-list policy

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 11:34:27 PST

    Sebastien Sable wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I think this has already been discussed before but I find this
    > _really_ annoying : when you're not registered on sane-devel your
    > email is not accepted _but_ you don't receive any error message.
    >
    > It took me one month to realize that none of the help messages I was
    > posting to try to help snapscan users was on the list since I changed
    > my email address.
    >
    > I suppose it is some way to fight spam, but I really can't see how it
    > is supposed to work. I read quite a lot of moderated mailing-list with
    > absolutely no spam and yet none has this strange and in my opinion
    > bogus behaviour.

    Hi Sebastien,

    this has already been discussed and there is no way to change this
    in the moment. (One problem with a reply "your message was not accepted..."
    is that if a mail is sent by a spammer or your reply or from address is
    incorect then a "your message could not be deliverd" mail is sent
    back to the mailing list what generates a new "your message was not accepted..." message... and so on).

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch