Re: Snapscan.... Help!

From: Sebastien Sable (Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 05:43:53 PST

    John Coppens <jcoppens@linux2.uccor.edu.ar> writes:

    > 2) Using the sourceforge driver, which had 1212U in the .h file:
    > I Had to add 1212U_2 there, else it didn't recognize it.
    > Then, the same problem as 310/300 above.

    I suggest you keep on trying with this version as it is the latest.

    Have you updated the firmware of your scanner like it is explained
    here:
    http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/#usb

    > This should be some (simple?) juggling with sizes. Probably due to
    > different organizing of the data coming from the scanner. Maybe due
    > to the 36 bit scheme? I'll try and find where this is done, though I'd
    > appreciate any hint as to where to look.

    My suggestion: the model type is used at many places in the code to
    change the behaviour. It is possible that no defined scanner has
    exactly the same behaviour as yours. So what I would do is take the
    model that seems to work the best and then look for places with this
    kind of code :

    if(ps->pss->pdev->model == MODEL)
    behaviour 1
    else
    behaviour 2

    Then step by step, try to inverse the behaviour (if it does behavior 1
    try to modify it so it does behavior 2). Then try to see if it is
    better or worse. You may finally find the correct behaviour for your
    model, then we will be able to add a new model corresponding to your
    scanner.

    > Maybe I could send you a small image - this could indicate where
    > the problem is.

    Send it to me if you want, or put it on a web page to avoid loading
    the mailing list. I will see if it looks like one of the problem we
    allready had.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé