Re: How to Run Parallel Port Scanner as Non-Root????

From: Laurent-jan (ljm@xs4all.nl)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 11:00:05 PST

    Just to be curious: the main problem seems to me, that the user
    who does the scanning needs to be root. What if you'd use saned as
    an intermediate? Your enduser sees a networked scanner on loopback
    an does not need root permissions.

    Or am I missing something?

    ljm

    --
    (c) ljm @ xs4all . nl.  No part of this copyright message may be
    reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including